3 Christmas Cocktail Recipes to Drool Over This Holiday
It’s that magical time of year again. Mariah is playing on repeat, many an advent calendar door has been ripped open, and we ask ourselves how many times is too many times to watch Elf (answer: the limit does not exist).
With just a few days to go until the big day itself, Christmas 2020 is well underway. And with many of us spending more time at home this December, what could be more suitably festive than indulging in a homemade Christmas cocktail.
The appetite for cocktails à la living room has gone through the roof this year. With our favourite bars being closed for most of 2020, many of us have spent our evenings mastering the art of cocktail shaking from our newly curated home bar carts.
So, this festive season we’ve turned to creating some Christmas cocktails with the same DIY spirit. Because, while we might not be able to enjoy the usual crazy social calendars and office parties this year, we still deserve to enjoy sipping a seasonal cocktail or four.
From candy cane rimmed glasses to fruity festive tipples, our mouth-watering Christmas cocktails are easy to recreate from the comfort of your own home – and with four delicious recipes to choose from, you’re bound to find your new favourite festive drink.
So when all the Christmas cards have been sent, presents have been wrapped and you’re ready to dig into that chocolate Santa - all that’s left to do is shake yourself up a festive cocktail, grab a cosy blanket, and settle in for a Christmas movie marathon.
Love Actually, eat, cocktail, repeat.
Candy Cane Cocktail
50ml vodka • 3 drops peppermint essence • Lemonade • 2 candy canes • Ice
1) Dip the rim of martini glass in water, then onto a plate of one crushed candy cane.
2) Shake the vodka and peppermint essence with ice.
3) Strain into the rimmed glass.
4) Garnish with the other candy cane.
Santa Hat Cocktail
35ml Malibu • 15ml grenadine • 75ml cranberry juice • 3 tbsp desiccated coconut • 2 tbsp Icing sugar • Candy cane • Ice
1) Mix the icing sugar with 1 tbsp water on one plate.
2) Dip the rim of a martini glass in the icing sugar until coated, then dip into the scattered desiccated coconut.
3) Shake the cranberry, rum and grenadine with ice.
4) Strain into the rimmed glass.
5) Garnish with the candy cane.
Holly Day Cocktail
50ml vodka • 15ml Cointreau • 15ml lemon juice • Lemonade • Fresh mint sprig • Raspberries • Ice
1) Shake the vodka, lemon juice and triple sec with ice.
2) Strain into an ice-filled highball glass and top with lemonade.
3) Garnish with the mint sprig and raspberries.